The material presented on our website reflects the collective experience of Governance Matters members and New York nonprofits identified as exhibiting exemplary board leadership. Governance Matters gratefully acknowledges the contributions of the following individuals and organizations.
Without the generous support of the following funders the project would not have been possible:
- New York Community Trust
- United Way of New York City
Board Leadership Project Team
Barbara S. Miller, Co-Chair, Writer/Editor; Consultant
Jeanne Bergman, Co-Chair, Consultant
Michael Davidson, Governance Matters Board Chair, Consultant
Anne E. Green, Consultant
Barbara Krasne, Governance Matters Board Vice-Chair, Consultant
Roy Leavitt, Executive Director, Greenwich House
Elizabeth Levi, Consultant, former Deputy Director, Freedom House
(Note: Individual titles reflect positions held at the time the case study was developed, and may no longer be current.)
- Brooklyn Children's Museum Margaret Einhorn, former Board Chair, Paul Gangsei, Board Chair; Carol Enseki, President
- Cooke Center for Learning and Development Karen Robards, President, Elsa Roe, Board Member; Michael Termini, Executive Director
- Council of Senior Centers and Services - Nancy D. Miller, Board Member, William Dionne, Board Member; Igal Jellinek, Executive Director
- Fortune Society - Roland Nicholson, Jr., Board Chair, Gloria Jenkins, President, Interview, David Rothenberg, Founder; JoAnne Page,Executive Director
- Good Shepherd Services; Robert H. Niehaus, Board President; Joseph T. McLaughlin, Former Board President; Sr. Paulette LoMonaco, Executive Director
- HIPPY, USA. Henry Green, (outgoing) Board Chair, Barbara Herman, Vice Chair and (incoming) Board Chair; Elisabet Eklind, Executive Director, M. Gayle Hart, National Program Director; Susan Cane, Organizational Development Consultant and Professor of Professional Practice, Dr. Mark Lipton Organization and Leadership Development Consultant.
- Health Care Chaplaincy - Edee Bjornson, Life Trustee, Lawrence J. Toal, Board Chair;
- Walter J. Smith, President and CEO, HealthCare Chaplaincy.
- JusticeWorks - Ellen Hirsch, Board President, Elizabeth Mayers, Chair, Development Committee; Mary-Elizabeth Fitzgerald, Executive Director.
- Lincoln Square Neighborhood Center Louis Jordan, Board Chair, Persis Myers, Board Member; Stephanie Pinder, Executive Director.
- Miracle Makers Danne Johnson, former Board Chair, Wylia Sims, Board Chair, Bill Aiken, Board Member; Ann Vanterpool Brown, Executive Director.
- New York Asian Women's Center - Kyung Yoon, Board Chair; Tuhina De O'Connor, Executive Director.
- Project Reach Youth - Mark Gibbel, Board President; Robert Madison, Executive Director
- Sista II Sista Adjoa Jones de Almeida, Staff and Collective Member, Loira Limbal, Staff and Collective Member, Paula X. Rojas, Collective Member.
- Streetwise Partners - Matt Gorin, Founding Chairman, Rae Linefsky, Director; Angie Datta, Executive Director.
- Visions/Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired Nancy Jones, Board Chair; Nancy D. Miller, Executive Director.
Governance Matters Interviewers
Barbra Lewis Green
Andrea Mills, Director, FMA
Donna Panton, Senior Associate, Association of Junior Leagues International
Sara K. Pisani, CPA
Lisa H. Rosenbloom, Director of Development, Pro Bono Partnership
Toby Sanchez, Consultant
NYU Capstone Team
Christeen Bernard, Veronica Shipilov,
Holly Thompson, Christine Toes, Alison Yu
Special Thanks to...
Marla Bobowick, Vice President of Products, BoardSource
Howard Levy, Principal, Red Rooster Group, and Alexandra Marchosky for the design and implementation of the Board Leadership section of the website
Click here to return to Board Leadership Tool Home
Site design by Red Rooster Group
Terms Of Service |
VCG Governance Matters®, 55 West 39th Street,12th Floor, New York, NY 10018
t 212-447-1236 f 212-447-0925
Copyright© 2006-2011 VCG Governance Matters. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by the Action Potential Non-Profit Web Toolkit.
Source code and editors Copyright © 2001-2013 by Action Potential Networks Inc.. All rights reserved.