Become a Member
Members benefit from their involvement in Governance Matters:
- Contribute your ideas and access those of other opinion leaders at our Member Roundtable Forums
- Sharpen your knowledge about forward-looking issues affecting nonprofit boards
- Expand your circle of colleagues and resources within the nonprofit community
- Influence important issues of stewardship of nonprofits
Members also receive:
- Invitations to all Governance Matters conferences and events
- Discounted admission fees for Governance Matters events
- Complimentary copies of all Governance Matters publications and the Membership Directory
Membership is open to any individual or organization that:
- Supports Governance Matters mission
- Is in a position to influence those who govern a nonprofit, and/or
- Addresses issues of nonprofit governance in its mission
Governance Matters Members work collaboratively to improve nonprofit governance. While members' level of participation varies, we encourage you to:
- Attend Governance Matters events and activities.
- Serve on committees and/or task forces and Governance Matters Board.
- Work to ensure that Governance Matters has the resources it needs to address its mission and provide support where appropriate.
- Remain informed of the issues affecting good governance in the nonprofit sector.
Leadership Council: $2,500
Organizational Membership: Revenue less than $1 million: $200
Organizational Membership: Revenue more than $1 million: $250
Umbrella Organizations: $250 annually
Affiliate of Umbrella Organizations: $100 (first year only) - please sign-up through your umbrella organization
Individual Membership: $150 annually
Student Membership: $25.00 annually with valid Student ID
Start-up Nonprofit: FREE for the first year after receiving 501(c)(3)
Go to New York Charities and pay online and fax application to 212-447-0925.
Join by Mail
Please print the application form below and return it with your membership dues (check or a money order) to:
55 West 39th Street, #12N
New York, N.Y. 10018